Tuesday 8 March 2011

You work in Topman. Pr*ck.

Went to spend my christmas voucher in Topman today whilst doing some work in Derby.

I was made to feel a right prat just because I wasn't wearing skinny jeans, daft pumps or a heavy knitted cardigan...they talked to me like I was f*#king stupid (which I isn't, honest mister) and practically spat on me with their dirty looks.

I wanted to say: "Let's be honest, you work in f*#king Topman you silly little boys. Is it not about time you chopped off that ridiculous mop of hair, took your mums leggings off and put a pair of socks on and got a real job?!"

I actually said: "I'll take these plain white t-shirts please. Yes, four of them, everything else in here is clearly for girls. Thank you. Prick. (...admittedly prick was said under my breath)

I left.

The moral of the story: I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it's something along the lines of:

If you get a Topman voucher for Christmas, use it online. That way you won't be subject to the judgemental snobbery that is the 'Topman-boys' and hopefully you wont have to waste time that could have been spent climbing, looking at gear or sleeping (or more likely...working).

When it comes to shopping I much prefer going to The Climbers Shop/Lakes Climber/Needlesports and similar decent independents and having banter and a brew with the staff in there about our latest exploits and all the new kit.

Sad? Maybe.

Bothered? No.

Oh god ... I actually just wrote a blog about shopping. Didn't I? I feel a bit sick.

Time to go climbing & down a pint before I end up getting a manicure and booking a hair appointment.


Liam

Location:Richardson St,Derby,United Kingdom

2 comments: