Sunday 6 March 2011

Bring on Spring.

I've just returned from a walk up Cunswick Fell and Scout Scar with Amy. The weather is absolutely stunning...dry, warm sunshine and a cool spring breeze in the air.

Whilst on't'scar I couldn't stop myself from having a quick neb at the crag to see how it's looking after the recent dry spell. I've been a few times (not nearly enough considering it's a 30min walk from my house...or a 6 minute drive) and had a potter around on the easy classics there but that's it really.

During a recent chat with Mr. Colombi it came to light that there are couple of 'harder' routes on offer as well, namely: Meet the Wife 7b+ and Sylvester Strange 7c.

I was delighted to see that the entire crag was dry as a bone and both routes look brilliant. Temps are perfect as well. Sylvester Strange looks really cool and potentially flashable...who knows? Keen to get up there next weekend for a session.

It will certainly put my winter of hard training indoors to the test. Pretty psyched to get some hard climbing in early in the season.

Going for a drive up to Coniston now to see Amy's brother and his lovely family.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Liam

Location:Kendal

No comments:

Post a Comment