Friday 15 April 2011

Surviving the 'FRIDAY MORNING DIP'

It's Friday morning and I just hit the wall more commonly known as The 'Friday morning dip'. It had hit me hard and was mocking me. I could feel it laughing at me as I writhed and wriggled in its extremely unproductive clutches.

I was starting to flag ...

Here's how I survived and how YOU  CAN TOO.

First.

Take action. You cannot let the dip beat you ... there are only a few hours until home time and the weekend ... lunch is a mere moment away. Prepare yourself a large cafetiere of STRONG coffee (i'm currently on a fairtrade variety from Tanzania ... bangin'). You'll need the following ...

The tools of the trade
 
Second.

Put that milk back. You DO NOT want any of that moo-juice in there. Believe me. It dilutes your caffeine hit and it doesn't help you lose those extra pounds for your next hard red-point. Skimmed milk you say? Did I mention it dilutes you caffeine hit? Yes I did. Now put it back.

Third.

Find the BIGGEST mug in the building. Don't have any large mugs in the house? Be resourceful, use a large pan, a vase, a bucket?! Think outside the box. It just so happens that I have A PINT MUG in my kitchen cupboards, this is perfect for the job. Pour your now brewed and filtered STRONG coffee into the mug ... all of it. Yes, the whole damn lot (if you are sensitive to caffeine then make sure you aren't doing yourself any damage) if you want to beat this thing you have to be prepared to work for it.


Fourth.

Drink that coffee. Drink it. ALL of it. Savour the deep flabours as it slides down our gullett. Now take a few deep breaths ...
wait for it ...

BOOM. That's the caffeine hitting your blood stream and STIMULATING your body like never before.

Fifth.

Now ride that caffeine high through until lunch time and get back to work ... lazy git. There's no stopping you now!

 

The author admiring his handy work

LOVE TO YOU ALL




TAKE CARE WHEN HANDLING HOT SUBSTANCES...they can burn your face off! 

1 comment:

  1. No no no no no no no no no no....

    Instead, why don't you figure out how to avoid said "Friday Morning Dip" - I happen to know a very good practitioner who has much success with this!

    plug: www.mybodyco.com

    simples

    ReplyDelete